Thursday, March 09, 2006

coldest winter in 10 years..



Swedish winter is far from over... looks like it has just started. Today like most other days.. there was heavy snow. Now, is that good for someone comming from a hot hot country like Bangladesh :( And astonishingly its almost the middle of March!! When the hell are these fluffy white stuff going to stop falling from the sky!! Most swedish are now on the north having a lifetime of joy with there snow skates... they never get tired of snow. I say.. this winter cold is killing me... each time i go out.. my bones and balls and teeth start making cluttering sound. And my face just freezes to a point where my brain can no longer send electrical signals to my facial muscles - to ask them to contract and relax so that i can have some sort of verbal communications. I turn dumb... and also numb in my fingers.. both in feet and hand. Even my poor big ears are not spared from the numbness. Believe me.. its damn painful when you can't feel anything!!


snow form my apartment

How on earth does it snow so heavily in the middle of March ... thats because Northern Europe is going through the phase of coldest winter in 10 years. What luck.. last year they say it was the warmest winter.. and now its the coolest coldest winter. Obviously the coldest parts of Sweden this winter is in the north, as always. But southern Sweden is also seeing temperatures fall further below the average... and also drier with a weaker (face piercing) west wind than usual.

So what do I do.. well i just stay home.. tucked away in the corner of the room.. as close as possible to the heater.. and surf the net - looking for some faint hint of this horrible, terrible, miserable winter to end. I thought my luck had come back to me.. when i saw the sun shining ever so bright with its 1000....00^999999 watt power. But alas.. the sun was doing nothing to warm up this winter.. it was making the snow melt and in that way making all the cold come out of the ground and make the temperature fall far below zero!! So the lesson is.. its better to be outside when there is snow then when there is sun. Because by some Swedish law.. the temperature is always close but below zero when its snowing.

At the end of the day.. I am a proud man :) I get to face the coolest winter in 10 years.. are you so damn lucky like me?? Care to join me...

I rarely write anything in my blog.. because i am not good with my english. But i got inspired from Jenny's blog and thought i should put my pen to the paper or make use of my flat stylish laptop like keyboard from Logitech - 300 kroner. This will atleast make my blog look like a blog rather than some picture/foto warehouse.
comments- rumanzakaria@gmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe, i'm flattered to see that u mention me in your blog.

Come on, write something more than just complaining about the weather. For example, your love story...... This kind of stories are always hot in these days, everybody are interested:)

Anonymous said...

yes, it is really cold. take care. dont catch a cold again ^_^

Anonymous said...

i found you atlast... :)
all the ppl here are talking about the sudden disappearance of the wonder boy ruman and what the hell is he doing in sweden??? shivering in cold...!!!!! come on man... atleast drop a line sometimes...
good to see your blog here... atleast now we know that you are alive and kicking...
khekz...