Thursday, March 16, 2006

my life + internet connection

My 2 week free internet connection for the new room has ended this morning. And i am now upstairs in Zaheers room checking my mails and writing something here. My life is now very much dependent on the internet. Everyday after getting up from bed.. i start my machine and check my mails.. look at the news.. start my msn messenger.. look at my blog.. go through new movies in movies.yahoo.com and so on. My life as a student is also oriented around the net. I get the lectures and research papers and the assignement and the code for my projects.. and tutorial... all from the internet. I buy electronic stuffs from the internet.. one of my favourite site is tomshardware.com.. i look into it every day. Its a great site for new products.. and the reviews are really good.

Its hard to notice that you are so much dependent on the net until you are really kept away from it.. like i am now. Dont know what to do.. its so boring doing nothing in the room. I need to start a new project.. but without the internet it seems impossible.

I must say..the internet connection that we have in our student apartments are no ordinary lines. We are connected using optical fibres with 100mbps download speed and 10mbps upload speed. And all this bandwidth we get for 180kroner only for each month. Now who would like to be kept away from such a high speed connection at such a low price... certainly not me.

But i will get my connection back soon.. and soon i will enjoy going through some new product reviews in tomshardware.com and ofcourse start my project. Until then i have to figure out what to do.. maybe clean my room... re-install matlab 7 agian.. maybe have some chinease tea without any sugar (tastes like hot water).

No comments: